Apex Ski Boots
Apex MC S
Apex MC S
Apex has built this new offering to provide the comfort, performance, warmth and walkability of the open chassis design to all skiers.
All Mountain Sport “Open Chassis™” Design.
- Boa double cross closure system for precise adjustment.
- Light weight, sporty sole.
- Heat moldable inner liner.
- Tunable A-Flex Suspension™, cuff alignment, and micro adjustment buckles.
Foot Length to Apex Size
|Foot Length Inches||Foot Length Metric||APEX SIZE|
|8 ⅜ - 8 ¾||212-222||23|
|8 ¾ - 9 ⅛||222-232||24|
|9 ⅛ - 9 ½||232 - 242||25|
|9 ½ - 10"||242 - 252||26|
|10" - 10 ¼||252 - 262||27|
|10 ¼ - 10 ⅝||262 - 272||28|
|10 ⅝ - 11"||272 - 282||29|
|11" - 11 ½||282 - 292||30|
|11 ½ - 12"||292 - 302||31|
Buy online with confidence
Apex Ski Boots are the only boots you can buy online with confidence. With the Perfect Fit Guarantee we will help you determine your boot size. Take the guesswork out of shopping for a ski boot and learn how easy it is to fit the Apex Ski Boot System. Just follow the directions below and we’ll walk you through it in minutes.
If the boots you receive do not fit properly (and have not been skied in yet) we will exchange the size at no cost to you. A measuring tool is included with your boots, as are complete instructions and a return shipping label.
Apex boots purchased online are eligible for a full refund for any reason prior to your skiing in them. If you have skied in them and still are not satisfied please call us to discuss your issues and get them resolved quickly.
6 Easy Steps to finding your perfect fit.
The Apex boot design offers a vastly simplified fitting process from that of traditional boots. The key to getting a good fit is to be certain of the length of your longest foot. Yes, most people have one foot that is slightly longer than the other, and it’s not always related to whether you are right or left handed as is popularly believed. So, we will start with measuring both of your feet.
NOTE: Base your Apex boot size off your measurement results, NOT your old boot size. If you base your order on your old size it will be too small. AGAIN, DO NOT DOWNSIZE!
- Find a ruler, yardstick or tape measure, preferably with metric units, but either metric or imperial units will work.
- Put on a pair of light weight socks you will be skiing in. Yup, only one pair.
- Place the ruler against the wall with zero toward the wall.
- Stand on the ruler with your heels against the wall and have another individual determine how long your foot is to the longest toe.
- Make the same measurement of your other foot.
- How long is your longest foot? Measure your longest foot and use the chart below to know your Apex size!
It is possible to do additional fitting between the liner and walking boot if needed, identical to fitting a traditional alpine shell and liner. We use felt or firm foam padding to make the boot narrower in specific areas or to customize the forward lean.
It is also possible to heat fit the inner liner, but we have found this not to be required by most people. If you wish to mold your liner you may choose one of the following options:
- Ski in them! Your body heat will mold the liners in a couple hours or less.
- Put them on at home for 2-3 hours. Walk around, read the paper, eat breakfast, and your boots will be ready to go.
- Visit a local reputable ski shop. The dealer or service location will heat up the inner liner only, have you put on the liner, walking boot and chassis, and allow the liner to cool for up to 30 minutes. (This process should not be done at home; it should only be done by a qualified ski boot fitting professional.) If your local shop will not perform this service for you, please call us and we will direct you to a shop that will fit your boots.
- Lateral stiffness of chassis & cuff provide a direct connection to your skis and precise control.
- Tunable A-Flex SuspensionTM. Customizable flex and cuff alignment
- Nano fiber reinforced for light-weight, high modulus support, and independent control of fit, flex, and closure. Designed to work perfectly with modern shaped skis.
Walkable Support Boot Warmth & Comfort
- Separable from Open Chassis. Provides 360 Degree support without pressure points
- Full traction outsole for getting to and from the mountain in comfort and safety
- Locks into Chassis for a solid connection to your skis
- Boa® Focus Closure System for an infinite range of adjustment and individualized fit.
- Encourages natural foot function and comfort. No foot distortion as in a traditional ski boot
Custom Fit Liner Fit for you
- Expanded neoprene toe-box
- Lasted to allow for a natural foot position
Apex Ski Boot Review by Pork Chop
I had a chance to ski in a pair of the new Apex MC X boots recently at the Stratton Mountain Trade Show. I am a strong, expert recreational skier and normally ski in Lange RS 130 boots. My boots are performance oriented; stiff and have a precise and technical fit. They fit so perfectly, that I must use the thinnest socks possible. If I use a regular ski sock, I will cramp up, but, with the thin sock, I am absolutely comfortable all day long. The boots are an extension of my leg and feet and transmit energy very efficiently to my skis.
With that said, I was skeptical that the Apex boot, which is so comfortable, warm and easy to get on, could deliver enough performance to make me happy. I figured the trade-off in control would be huge. The sole length, (because Apex boots are really a snowboard boot with a removable frame), is about 16mm longer than a traditional boot. Therefore, theoretically, your leverage on the ski should be compromised. However, the reality is that, although there is a loss of some crispness (I wouldn't race using these boots), that loss is surprisingly minimal. I felt in total control and was able to feel the skis respond as I leveraged them from the balls of my feet. When I skied the boot, I didn't have my custom insoles, which would have made the performance even better.
My conclusion was this: For those people who put a high priority on comfort; warmth and convenience, and perhaps have had some trouble over the years with all or some of these considerations, the Apex boots could be the answer. They are warmer than a traditional boot with a $200+ heating system; they are extremely comfortable and very easy to get on and off. In addition, the frame can be removed to allow it to be as comfortable as an after ski boot for walking around or hanging out.